Advanced Audience Targeting for Small Businesses
Advanced Audience Targeting leverages your company’s data with industry leading 3rd party data, such as BlueKai, Lotameand, and Krux, to find and target your most likely customers. Doug Burton, CEO of Solvv Creative an advertising agency in Madison, WI, says, “Advanced audience targeting goes beyond traditional demographic or geographic targeting. This digital tactic allows you to target mobile and desktop users based on demographics, online behaviors, interests, hobbies and purchase intention.” Audience targeting can boost your campaign’s performance by reaching people browsing websites, using apps, or watching videos.
When Should I use Advanced Audience Targeting
Many ad platforms such as Google Ads, YouTube or Facebook allow advanced audience targeting options. You can add targeting to ad groups and reach people based on who they are, their interests and habits, what they are researching, or even how they have interacted with your business.
How Does Advanced Audience Targeting Work
We often think of audiences as groups of people with specific interests, intents, and demographic information. When adding an audience, you can select from a wide range of categories—such as job title, interest in cooking, fans of soccer, robotics or even fans of ratrod cars. Ad platforms will show ads to people who are likely in the selected categories and not to show your ads to people who are not. This allows for very precision targeting and a higher rate of return as you are not showing ads to people who may have no interest in your product or service.
Benefits of Advanced Audience Targeting
- Focuses on real people with ‘affinities’, or authentic interests and passions
- Allows you to reach people based on who they are, their interests and habits
- Targeting to very specific groups of people
- Allows for maximizing campaign efficiency
- High rate of return on investment
Advanced Audience Targeting Example
- A medical clinic is looking to increase their job applicant pipeline of qualified Registered Nurses. With advanced audience targeting they are able to advertise only those who have specific behavior patterns. Such as existing job title, interest in health care, lifestyles, passions, and habits.
Contact us to discuss how advanced audience targeting advertising campaigns with an actionable call or click goal can target your specific customer base.